Auction Terms & Conditions Simple Terms:
1. Each item and lot sells in "AS IS - WHERE IS" condition without a written or assumed warranty or guarantee UNLESS explicitly stated in description of item. We will be open to preview all items MONDAY, 9/21/20 ONLY from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Most items are of considerable age or used and may exhibit wear, usage, repairs and damage. Neither Sharpless Auctions nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the title, merchantability, fitness or condiiton with respect to such lots.
2. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Sharpless Auctions will do what is necessary to make us all safe during previewing and removal as possible. We will limit the number of people into our warehouses and fenced in area during these times.
3. Please do all investigating of the lots you are interested in BEFORE placing your bid. Once you place a bid electronically, it cannot be retracted. If you are uncomfortable or unable to view our items during the MONDAY 9/21/20 VIEWING TIMES, please call Denise at 319-351-8888 on details and condition of the objects. All statements in the catalog, invoice, or elsewhere are qualified statements of OPINION and are NOT representations OR warranties.
4. SHIPPING WILL BE AVAILBLE for all firearms and will be provided by FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipping, insurance and handling feels will be charged to the credit card on file TUESDAY, 9/22/20. LOCAL BUYERS: Pickup time and date is the TUESDAY, 9/22/20 from 9 am to 6 pm at Sharpless Auctions' complex. Removal is buyer's responsibility. PLEASE bring the manpower, shipping and packaging materials you need to remove lots. Sharpless will NOT provide boxes and/or crates. SHARPLESS AUCTIONS is NOT responsible for theft or accident.
5. All sales are FINAL. If you are unable to adhere to the above terms, please DO NOT BID. Bid accordingly as there are NO RETURNS. The purchaser expressly acknowledges and agrees that in no event should Sharpless Auctions, Inc. be liable for any damages including, without limitation, any comprensatory, incidental or consequestial damages.
6. IMMEDIATE PAYMENT IS REQUIRED BY CREDIT CARD. BUYER'S PREMIUM: There will be a 14% Buyer's Premium on ALL online purchases. Iowa sales tax will apply to purchase(s) made, unless you are tax exempt. IF tax exempt, you are responsible to contact Sharpless Auctions PRIOR to bidding. You will be required to provide a copy of your valid Iowa resale tax exemption certificate PRIOR to bidding. If you have any questions, please contact Denise at 319-351-8888.
7. PAYMENT: Online purchases will be charged at the conclusion of the auction on the credit card used to register. No items are released until the payment is collected.
8. If charges are DECLINED by the credit card processor, a non-sufficient funds charge of $25.00 will be charged each time processing is denied. The buyer will be notified by email of NSF transaction and will have 24-hours to contact Deanne at Sharpless Auctions at 319-351-8888 with alternative payment method. NO EXCEPTIONS!
9. If you are the successful bidder on any item(s) , you will receive an invoice at the email you used to register with. On this invoice, the pickup location and pickup times are stated. The pickup times are also stated above. If you are unable to meet these guidelines, please DO NOT BID. There will be NO REFUNDS and can lead to a permanent decline of your account with Sharpless Auctions. If you do not receive an email in your inbox, check your junk mail folder.
10. Sharpless Auctions is not responsible for theft or accident.
11. BIDDING: When you bid your max, the current bid does not automatically go to your max bid. Someone else has to bid to increase the current price and the computer will automatically bid up to your max in the increments specified. If 2 people bid the same max bid on an item, the 1st person to place the bid will be a winning bidder. Sharpless Auctions will not be responsible for bids that do not go through. The best way to ensure your bid is accepted is to enter your max bid BEFORE the auction ends.
12. We reserve the right to cancel and/or reopen the auction in the case of system failures.
13. ANTIQUE FIREARMS AND BLACK POWDER GUNS: If you purchase an antique firearm or black powder gun, no permit is needed as long as age is verified. We will mail this firearm or you can pick up this firearm once we have a copy of your driver's license. CURIO & RELICS GUNS: If you purchase a gun that is over 50 years of age, a Curio & Relics license is sufficient. We will mail or release the firearm once we have a copy of your C & R license. FOR ALL OTHER GUN TRANSFERS: Iowa buyers that pick up at Sharpless Auction's complex MUST have the appropriate valid gun permit. Background checks will be performed TUESDAY, 9/22/20, once the ATF Firearms Transaction Record(s) are completed FROM 9:00 am to 6:00 PM. A fee of $10/firearm is required. Iowa dealers with a valid FFL are exempt, as long as we are able to get a copy of their FFL. ALL OUT OF STATE BUYERS that are not FFL dealers, are required to provide an address of a valid FFL license holder in their area as well as a copy of the license itself, so that the firearm can be mailed to that FFL dealer. NO EXCEPTIONS. Licenses can be mailed, faxed or emailed to our location. For out of state buyers, the firearms will be shipped within 4 days of receipt of these licenses and once payment has cleared. There will be $10 handling fee for each firearm, in addition to shipping fees and insurance.
All buyers hereby certify that they have read and fully understand the terms and conditions listed above and they agree to be bound thereby.
It's the buyer's responsibility to understand all the terms and conditions prior to submitting all/any bids.
NOTE: All buyer's are responsible for having knowledge of their state's laws regarding the purchase and shipping of firearms and related items. If you bid on and are the winner of a firearm that is NOT permitted in your state, then Sharpless Auctions will charge your card for the total hammer plus buyer's premium, and will will then sell the firearm at the next appropriate auction held by Sharpless Auctions at the standard consignor commission rate.